“I’ve always felt that my ‘style’—the careful projection onto paper of who I think I am—was my only marketable asset, the only possession that might set me apart from other writers.” ---William Zinsser

More like this at http://claudiatallermusings.blogspot.com/





Sunday, January 29, 2012

Eat, Pray, Love and Find Your God Connection 2012

We will take Gilbert’s Eat Pray Love a bit further this year while sticking the heart of her story. We’ll start with a feast, continue with some prayer, and end with love. The food will be good, and some of it will be prepared by you. The prayer will include some of the concepts in Sue Monk Kidd’s When the Heart Waits because we sometimes need to be quiet and wait for our lives to unfold, like the butterfly emerging from its cocoon. Immerse yourself in love of self, others, and God with poetry and music and art.

This is my way of uniting my church home with my friends from the fall Sharing Our Gifts weekend in Lakeside. The way we come together to share our gifts each year is remarkable, and just being able to do that is a gift. We all have God-given gifts, and it's our job to embrace them.

The cost for the afternoon is $30 and includes lunch. Please send a check for $30 to 26408 Chapel Hill Drive, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070 to help me pay for the upfront costs. We’ll gather from 12-4PM on February 18. Updates on programming will follow.

No comments:

A Winding Road - Writing

My photo
My book, "Ohio's Lake Erie Wineries," an Arcadia production, explores the history of island and lakeshore wineries from the mid-1800s through today. I write travel, memoir, profiles, book reviews, local interest articles, and fiction. My writing is always of discovery--whether it's journaling, book reviewing, letter writing, or sharing an experience of life. I have written two novels and am working on a third novel and a memoir. I am passionate about sharing what life has to offer with others. "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron woke me up to a sense of possibility--life is too short not be enjoyed by living deeply and well. I created Igniting Possibilities, a conduit for creativity workshops and events, in the hope of guiding others to realize their full potential. The Word Lover's Retreats at Lakeside, Ohio's Chautauqua community, help writers find their voice and direction.