“I’ve always felt that my ‘style’—the careful projection onto paper of who I think I am—was my only marketable asset, the only possession that might set me apart from other writers.” ---William Zinsser

More like this at http://claudiatallermusings.blogspot.com/





Friday, February 3, 2012

Word Lovers Retreat - June 8-10, 2012

The spring retreat will be a project-based weekend at which everyone should bring writing in progress to work on throughout the weekend. We will begin on Friday evening by explaining our projects in jacket-cover format, as if you're trying to sell the book to a publisher, and the group will give you feedback on the concept, title, and presentation. While the weekend will focus on elements of fiction, some may prefer to work on non-fiction or fiction collections.

Les Roberts will be the writer-in-residence and will be available for individual critique sessions for a $30 fee. Saturday's tentative schedule begins with Debbie Alferio's talk on characterization. Kelly Ferjutz will lead a workshop on scenes and bringing the reader into the story. Les will then bring us to focus on plot and dialogue. The rest of the weekend is yours, for writing!

Reserve your space at the Idlewyld by sending a $50 check to Claudia Taller, 26408 Chapel Hill Drive, North Olmsted, Ohio 44070.  Indicate which room you would like at the inn (http://idlewyldbb.com/) when you send your deposit. Space is limited.

No comments:

A Winding Road - Writing

My photo
My book, "Ohio's Lake Erie Wineries," an Arcadia production, explores the history of island and lakeshore wineries from the mid-1800s through today. I write travel, memoir, profiles, book reviews, local interest articles, and fiction. My writing is always of discovery--whether it's journaling, book reviewing, letter writing, or sharing an experience of life. I have written two novels and am working on a third novel and a memoir. I am passionate about sharing what life has to offer with others. "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron woke me up to a sense of possibility--life is too short not be enjoyed by living deeply and well. I created Igniting Possibilities, a conduit for creativity workshops and events, in the hope of guiding others to realize their full potential. The Word Lover's Retreats at Lakeside, Ohio's Chautauqua community, help writers find their voice and direction.